Creating a Resume
What is a Resume?
- A document used by a person to display their background and skills.
When should a student start building a resume?
- Freshman year
- Start a resume and then update it regularly
What is a resume used for?
- Applying for jobs
- Background on resume can be used for Scholarships
- Background on a resume can be used for College Admission
What can you do every year in high school to ensure you have a great resume upon entering your senior year?
- Career & Technical Classes
- Good Grades (GPA)
- Volunteer Experience
- Work Experience
- Rigorous Courses (Honors/AP classes)
- High SAT/ACT Scores
- Dual Credit Classes
- Extra Curricular Activities (Ex. Drama, Dance, Sports, Journalism, Student Government, etc.)
Where can I find help?
- Click below for Resume Outline Information as well as the Resume Example.
- Stop by the Career Center for help from Ms. Talbott or e-mail her at [email protected] to set up an appointment