WELCOME TO MRS. WATTERUD'S BIOLOGY!
My classroom expectations for you digitally are the following:
- Sign up for Remind (see directions)
- Sign up for Zoom (see directions)
- Check your email
- Read the email sent from me (firstname.lastname@example.org) thoroughly so you know the plan for the day.
- Select the Zoom meeting link. (Please let me know if you are not able to attend live Zoom for whatever reason.)
- Participate in the chat appropriately; as if you are in class.
- No foul language
- Crass conversations.
- Enter a goal in Summit for class each day, based on the lesson plan from my email
- Complete the lesson plan
- Check your goal off in Summit in the Week tab
- Attendance Policy
- STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND/PARTICIPATE
- Attendance will be demonstrated by:
- Student engagement in Zoom live sessions
- Goal setting in Summit
- Work submitted in Summit
- If students do not participate, they will be marked absent.
- Online PFA Procedures:
- ONLY content teacher can approve PFAs
- PFAs will only be approved during your class period or my office hours
- Assessments will be approved if the following conditions are met, no exceptions:
- Proper notes are shown to the instructor via Zoom live sessions or email
- A passing diagnostic test is shown in Summit
- If you fail the assessment more than 3 times, you will need to meet with me during office hours
- Online Office Hours: (beginning March 31)
- Tuesdays and Thursday: 9 am to 10 am
- Contact me via:
- Zoom live sessions
- Remind text messaging
How to sign up for Remind
How to sign up for Remind:
- Go to remind.com
- Set up an account
- Enter your cellphone (this will allow me to send you a text to alert you when I've sent an email or uploaded classwork into Summit)
- Enter the four digit code texted to you
- Create a password (you may want to use the password you use for school)
- Click "Join a class" on the left hand side
- Enter class code:(items in parenthesis indicates the class; is not part of the code)
Class Remind Code 1A 1awatteud 3A 3awatterud 4A 4awatterud 2B 2bwatterud 3B 3bwatterud 4B 4bwatterud
- You should see that you've been added to A. Noonan-Watterud's class
How to sign up for Zoom
How to sign up for Zoom
- Go to zoom.us
- Create an account
- I will send you links to join the class via email
Mentoring- House Watterud
We will not be observing the traditional Wednesday mentoring schedule during distance learning. I absolutely want to continue mentoring with you weekly. I will do my best to set up a Zoom meeting with each of you for mentoring. It is more important that we touch base as we navigate this new adventure.
How to set up a Mentoring meeting:
- Fill in the Check-In for Mentoring on Summit
- Message me THREE options for when we could meet
- During the school day
- Ex: I could meet 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., and 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Wait for confirmation from me on the time and day that works best.
- Check your email at our scheduled time and click the Zoom link to join me for our 10-minute check-in.