CHS FAFSA HELP NIGHT
- Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019
- 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- CHS Library (Upstairs from the main entrance)
- College Financial Aid Professionals will be available for help completing the FAFSA
***Student School Device (Computer) Charged and Log-In Information***
- CHS does not have a computer lab for use anymore and outside laptops will NOT have access to the internet
- FAFSA is an on-line application
What is the FAFSA?
- The Federal Student Financial Aid Application is a Gov't form used to possibly disperse grants (don't have to pay back), loans, and work-study (work on campus to earn the money).
- Based off of 2018 income
- Some colleges and scholarships require it be filled out to be eligible, so ALL seniors should fill it out regardless of income.
- A lot of CHS students qualify for up to $6,195 per year in grant money Grants do NOT have to be paid back)
Highly advised you start the FAFSA prior to the event
- Create an FSA ID (starts an account, verifies your identity & how you sign the FAFSA). Go to fafsa.ed.gov or Click Here to Create an FSA ID
- Seniors will have created one during this week for College App. Week if they have brought their social security numbers and chose to do so.
- Parents need to create an FSA ID as well
- Start the full FAFSA CLICK HERE or go to fafsa.ed.gov
- You may find you breeze through it and are done (on average takes 30 min.)
- You may need help, so list questions generated by starting the FAFSA and bring them to the event
What is needed in general to complete the FAFSA:
- Social Security Numbers
- Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. Citizen)
- Your 2018 Federal Tax Returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- AGAIN, PLEASE STUDENTS BRING YOUR SCHOOL DEVICE AND SCHOOL LOG-IN, SO YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS AT THE EVENT.
- If possible an FSA ID (1 for parent and 1 for student) to sign in electronically. Students you will have created one during College App. Week this week (If not see above).
Please contact Ms. Talbott, email@example.com or stop by the Career Center